Thursday 6 September 2012

My Crafty Creations

With 6 children born into my immediate family in the last 3 years and friends that have begun to have babies, I find myself thinking about new things I can create for them. Something personal, something crafty and something that either interests the child or goes with the decor of their rooms. I purchase most of my materials at Michaels art store seeing how good the quality of their products are. Being on maternity leave, although you are home with your child, doesnt mean that you have much time during the day to do things that interest you. Especially having a child like Ava who's longest nap has probably been 30 minutes since the day she was born. She is so busy and always on the go, she takes short naps so she doesnt miss anything, (cause walking the mall is so exciting!!) Where was I going with this?....oh ya, because of the short naps, after picking up all the toys, cleaning the dishes and very dirty high chair, throwing the laundry in and letting the dog out, I get about 6-8 minutes a day to sit relax and work on some crafts for the children. Below are pictures of a few of the crafts I have created.
 
My best friend Shawna had a beautiful baby girl Grace. I just had to create her name using the colours of her room and decor. Instead of hanging them with nails, ribbon adds a more elegant touch.

A picture for my niece Brooke to hang in her room of her new home to personalize it and make it her own.

A choo-choo train for my 2 year old nephew. It hangs over his dresser and every morning he spells out the letters of his name and says "Evan's choo-choo train".

A nice reminder of your babies birthday, and all the little tid bits of information that goes along with the birth of a new baby.
 

 
                                          Butterflies for my 3 year old niece by her request.

No comments:

Post a Comment