Wednesday 5 September 2012

Nursery Decor

The day Ava was born was the happiest day of my life. Although adjusting to the challenges of having a new born was tough, it was all worth it and I would do over many times again. I always had a knack for decorating and creating my own crafty decor, so being able to design and create Ava's nursery was so exciting and fun. There are so many stores and websites where you can order decals and decor for nurseries but I wanted to put mommys touch in her room. I have posted below pictures of Ava's nursery and a few of the inexpensive crafts that I was able to do to add color and charm to her room.
Looks like wainscotting but is actually textured wallpapaer. Very easy to put up and looks great.

My husband installed a chair rail around the room, which adds a nice divider between the wallpaper and paint. Bought at local hardware store, also very easy to install with wood nails.

A nursery looks great when completed with a colour decor/theme and a nice bedding set that could be purchased at local baby stores

Flat canvases from Michaels (art store) are my favourite to use when creating an art piece for the decor of a room. I chose a cute poem and used scrapbooking letters and stickers to create this cute piece of art for the wall.

Flat canvases are also great to paint with acrylic or oil paints, (if you dont want to spend a lot of money, paints can be purchased at dollar store). Depending on your theme, simple stripes and circles add to a design. I like these name canvases because they are different then just buying wooden letters from a store. I freehanded the letters but you can always use a simple letter stencil.

Growing up with two older sisters, there are many babies popping up in our family. I have done many pieces for friends and family to add to their childrens rooms which i will post shortly. My oldest sister just had twins (boy and girl) and we are in the process of decorating and setting up the nursery. I will definitely be posting those pictures when it is all complete.





No comments:

Post a Comment